Saturday 6 June 2015

The "M code" : Only mothers can relate

Who would have ever thought that invitation to reunions, weddings, birthday parties 
can turn into something horrific!
If you are a mother, im pretty sure you can relate.
If not, probably after you have read a paragraph or two
The thought of meeting people in a big crowd affected me in my first 2 years of motherhood.
I had friends who commented on my appearance and
i quote someone once said "what happened to you?
I was out of shape and nothing fits, i had an ugly ombre hair not because it was a trend but because i had no time to go to the salon. i slowly lost it. I felt ugly and i have lost my confidence.
A year after that, i could not live like that anymore.
I started to make small changes to my lifestyle and this is what i did..
 
 

"M" Code #1: Get back in shape!

I made excuses and lots of them! When i feel embarrased, i would tell my friends that i have health issues. They would symphatize and give me a little pat.
Truth is, that is not the truth. I did not even try to get back in shape.
One day, i decided to go on a detox diet. I have read somewhere that it would help to boost up your metabolic rate. So, i downloaded an app on my phone, it is called the "GM diet".
I was on this special diet for a week, and on low carb,metabolic boosting diet for another 2 weeks.
In that 3 weeks, i lost 7 kilos and i have maintained that weight ever since.
I will share more about GM diet and my special 2 weeks diet in my next post.
Now, summon me!
i know we need to exercise for health but you cant get a potato out from its couch :p
How i look before and after i lost that 7kilos..

"M" Code #2: Adapt and adapt!

If you cant make time to go to the salon, bring your salon home.
You can save hours of your time in the salon.
20mins tops and voila!


"M" Code #3: Short is the new sexy

I used to have a full long hair but after i gave birth to my Matin,
i started to lose a lot of hair.
My hair was limp and i even saw few strands of white hair!

So, ask yourself. "Do i look hot in this long hair?".
Chopping off that long hair that you have been keeping for years might sound crazy.
But really...why not change? You have entered a new phase of life and it is time to move on :p
Mid-length hair should do the trick.
Neat, sexy and no more small hands trying to grab and chew on your hair.

Photo source: google

"M" Code #4: Invest in tools that can make your styling 2 times faster!

Volume is key!
You dont want your hair to look flat, oily and sticks to your forehead like a glue!
Dont be lazy. Your hair is now mid-length remember?
It only takes few minutes to style.

So, what do i use? I have my 2 favourites...

Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl
My favourite tool when i want a soft loose curls in minutes!
Watch it here:
Buy it here:


Result with this perfect curl:


Babyliss Big hair volume magic styler
My favourite tool when i want to create volume and just to keep my hair in place.
Watch it here:

Buy it here:

Result with this volume styler:


"M" Code #5: Dont go out naked

Our responsibilies with litlle toddlers does not allow us spend hours in front of the mirror.
Foundation, shading, highlights...what??????!! no way...
So how do you look presentable and fresh in just minutes?

In 4 simple steps.
You dont even need to use a liner!

Compact powder
Because your face is not an egg pan.
You would want to cover that oily face.

Blusher
Pink toned blushers makes you look fresh

Eyebrow pencil

Some people are blessed with naturally groomed brows but for me..im browless!
I personally think eyebrow is an important feature of the face.
The way you draw your brow defines your face.
 I will share some eyebrow drawing tips in my future post.

Long lasting liptint
Yes..long lasting because you wouldn't have time to re-apply.

"M" Code #5: Invest in a good eye cream

You said bye bye to your ol' good nights sleep once your baby came out from you V-JJ :p
Uwaaa!Uwaaa! Its should be you crying, not the baby hahaha

So, your under eyes slowly change its color..from pink to blue to black but you dont
have time to follow your skincare regimen.
An eye cream can do the trick. It will only take you minutes to cover both eyes!
Try it for a month and you will see the difference. Believe me :)

Well, i can go on and on.. but last but not least....


"M" Code #5: Online shopping

Yes. The way you dress makes a huge difference.
It can change your mood and confidence.
As a mother, i know how difficult it is to go shopping with a toddler.
They are so sneaky and can run like a little road runner. They can be gone in minutes!

Thank god for the internet and online shops.
Well..thats how i survived confinement. Opps! hahaha

Here are some sites i usually visit for some online bargains:

Limited offers from UNIQLO
Do you know that their offer changes every week?!
Yes! Go sign up for their newsletter today

Zalora Outlet
Your favourite brands at 80% off! Why not?

Sally Fashion My
It's China product but some of their pre-order stuffs are of ok quality.
Especially their set wear!

Fashion Valet on Sale
If its on sale, its worth to log in into!














5 comments:

  1. GM Diet? I'm so excited to read more. Downloading the app as I type this out haha. I need GM Diet too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. Will blog it soon.it works like magic.no pills..no supplements with minimal prep n cookingggg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please blog about your journey in detoxing + GM diet. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete