Sunday 14 June 2015

VIRGIN no more: Launch of NAQUIRKEE & PIQUADRO at KLCC

 I received my first invitation to a blogger event, the launch of multi-label store Naquirkee and Piquadro. The brands housed under Bud & Naq- a specialty retailer and distributer of premium shoes, bags and fashion accessories.

 You have got to know BUD &NAQ Group of companies! They entered the local market in 2007 with the introduction of the Florsheim brand. An American shoe brand that is known for its quality, comfort, durability and finishing. Who doesn’t know Florsheim?

It was a long night......
So, I tried on everything in my wardrobe to find the best fit to represent myself as a “fashion” blogger. Obviously, none fits! That’s when the begging starts...
“ Sayang!! I need to go shopping. I takde baju dah!”.
When in reality I have about 2 clothes and 3 pants with the labels still intact.
“Sorry my sayang hunny bun! Haha. You have been so supportive throughout all these. I love you!”

 I managed to sleep (whilst holding my phone throughout the night). I woke up, got myself ready at 10am. Mind you, the event starts at 3pm!

Arrived KLCC at 1pm. Told Farez I need to find where Naquirkee is first so that my mind is at ease.

We went up to the 2nd floor of KLCC , there it is Naquirkee and Piquadro. Opened side by side, displaying an array of swoon-worthy shoes, bags and fashion accessories for men and women.
I got excited but I reserve myself for the bloggers preview. At this time, I was already eyeing on some of the merchandise they had on display,  a critical illness that is getting worst everyday :p

So, we went one floor up. Had Bingsu at Dal Comm, right above Naquirkee and Piquadro.

Peeking at the store every now and then. I was dead nervous and EXCITED! Its 3mins to 3pm but i didn't see any bloggers inside the store?

" OH! no! is it today or tomorrow?!" I was terrified while i choked on my delicious apple crumble bingsu. "im screwed!"
With my hand all shaky, i log in to my email and.. "Fuh! i got the date right".

Could not find the nearest loo. So, I went down to Watsons to touch up my lipsticks.
Passed by the store. Saw some bloggers and made a u-turn. Silly i know but i was that nervous! hahahaha. "Are you sure you are in the PR line Gja?"

Dont worry. I toughen up and went inside the store.
The "gelabahness" all gone the moment I stepped into the store. Confidence kicked in!

 NAQUIRKEE

The store, Naquirkee is a multi-label concept store carrying a myriad of global brands of women’s shoes, bags and accessories. 

The name, NaQUIRKEE came from “Quirky” and “Naq”, the name of the co- founder of Bud & Naq, Syed Naqiz Shahabuddin. A well-grounded man considering what he has going for him and a deep respect for his wife too, Eliza who began a personal search around the globe for unique pieces exclusively hand-picked to reflect the brand’s quirky DNA.

Efforts not gone to waste, I love every single piece of handbags, shoes and accessories they have in store; Playful prints, modern, unique, fun and definitely QUIRKY.


I immediately went to the only kids’ collection they have in store, a collection of shoes from ZONA CENTRO Italy,made from premium Italian leather.
ZONA CENTRO kids collection

I also love that they have matching shoes for us, moms! Graceful ballerinas of over 400 patterns that is fun, sophisticated and QUIRKY! I foresee this being a collectible item.
Wouldnt it be cool if we can get our hands on all 400+ designs?
Ballerinas from ZONA CENTRO for daring women that wants to stand out from the crowd

 I was in my own world with these shoes until someone approached me and said...
“Are you a personal stylist?”  I tried to keep cool though I was so honored by that question and in my mind...“YES! I picked the right outfit” hahaha
  
 Of course, I had to foolishly drop something in front of the people I want to make an impression to but its ok “muka harmony” please? Smile….

 Despite of the embarrasment, I moved on and went drooling over this cute bag from BRACCIALINI. With 60 years of creative design,this Italian brand made beautiful handbags that come with its own theme and story. How cute is that? I love anything that has its own story. So this one really had me. Wish i had my credit card with me, uh huh..the husband :p
  
One of BRACCIALINI famous piece: The "Carinabag" in a shape of a cute car


Some of the pieces that really caught my eye...


Inspired by espadrilles. A Distinctly designed Spanish flats and wedges from KANNA.
 Made from natural materials using jute, gemtones and other forms of unique fiber.

Brazillian shoes from CARRANO that symbolizes strong, empowered women


Beautiful in house designed accessories made from stingray leather and buffalo horns.
Classic yet fun and quirky designs that are undoubtedly statement pieces.


PIQUADRO


Premium and unique italian brand joins the expanding Bud & Naq label, marking its debut in the
Malaysian market. Distinguished itself as a brand unlike any other, renowned for its distinct design, technology and craftsmanship.

Piquadro carries business bags and accessories for men and women that include backpacks, handbags, messenger bags, briefcases, man bags, luggage as well as accessories such as iPad and iPhone covrs along with stationaries.

The moment i stepped into the store, i went scouting for a Father's day gift for my dad and i found the perfect gift for him.

Being a metrosexual dad, i know he would appreciate this.
Its stylish, functional, original and elegant.
A customized bag by his favourite daughter! Awwww.....


At Piquadro, you can customize your bag and have your initials in too!
Referring to the photo above, you can custom the bag's exterior leather, lining, thread, accessories and handles!
What did i say? A perfect Father's day gift!


Another one that caught my eye. So elegant and stylish.

Check out the interior:





_____________________________________________________________


NAQUIRKEE & PICUADRO

Located at Lot 203C & 205, Level 2, KLCC

Check out the stores soon while they are giving exclusive store opening offer!

From 15th June till 12th August
Discount at Piquadro & Naquirkee - 10% with an additional 5% if you mention my blog name,
Peculiar Few at the store.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for your first blogger event babe! I love the Carinabag too, but I don't think I am daring or hipster enough to carry that around lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha why nooot? I think you can pull that off :p

      Delete